Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Brennan Manning - the furious longing of God


Kind of coinciding with one of on coffee's recently posted videos, I had on order for myself Brennan Manning's new book "the furious longing of God". (How could I resist a Manning book at all and especially with a title like that?) It was a moment of weakness and then I saw Mike's post and figured ... it was all good :) I had to justify it being a birthday present because....I am trying to finish the mountain of books that I have piled high next to my desk ....which I think relates to another post about "stuff stuff stuff", in light of eternity. But I envision a very large library in my mansion....despite the fact I will have all my questions answered...I love to read. Any way...after that aside...listen to the back write-up on the jacket of the book. Oh I do love Brennan. I would love to share an evening of discussion with him on this earthly plain....but alas, I fear it shall never happen....I hear him and his understanding of the love of God through his words, and his references to Scripture.


"Imagine a stormy day at sea, your ship yielding to a relentless wind, pummeled by crashing waves, subject to the awesome force of nature. A force that is both fierce and majestic. A power that is nothing short of furious.

Such is God's intense, consuming love for His children. It's a love that knows no limits and no boundaries. A love that will go to any lengths, and take any risks, to pursue us.

Renowned author and ragamuffin Brennan Manning presents a love story for the brokenhearted. For those who are burdened by heavy religion. For those who feel they never measure up. It is a provocative and poignant look at the radical, no-holds-barred love our our Heavenly Father. It is a message that will forever change how you view God."


I cannot wait to dig in!

P.S. I see Matthew has found this book as well, as I looked for a suitable picture for the book for this post...his blog posting googled on up....cool! Anyway, I guess it was just meant to be. I don't really care what negative things people are saying about Manning....I love his writing and I love him. Love of the Father, no better topic than that for me......well, let me qualify that .....in my mind today anyway.

3 comments:

Walking Church said...

Be weary of 'christian book venders'.....L0L
Alvin

preacherman said...

I wnat you to know that it has been a blessing comming across your blog. I have had much adversity in my life. I will visit again from time to time. Keep up the great blog. I hope and pray you have a blessed week in Christ Jesus!

Bino M. said...

I have enjoyed Brennan books. I think I will like this too...