Friday, May 02, 2008

Seeing Jesus



Devotional by Tozer

John 12:21 NKJV

"Then they came to Philip, who was from Bethsaida of Galilee, and asked him, saying, "Sir, we wish to see Jesus."

"Toward anything like thorough scholarship I make no claim. I am not an authority on any man's teaching; I have never tried to be. I take my help where I find it and set my heart to graze where the pastures are greenest. Only one stipulation do I make: my teacher must know God, as Carlyle said, "otherwise than by hearsay," and Christ must be all in all to him. If a man have only correct doctrine to offer me I am sure to slip out at the first intermission to seek the company of someone who has seen for himself how lovely is the face of Him who is the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley. Such a man can help me, and no one else can."

"Can anyone ask less, Lord? Yet how often do I and others enter with 'only correct doctrine' to offer and a 'hearsay' knowledge of God. Forgive me, Lord, and give me a fresh and new vision of You--so that any pasture I spread will be worth grazing in."

No comments: