Saturday, May 13, 2006

Exalting Him and His Word

So today I was amazed and astounded at the works of evil in this world. This world means my world today. My small little corner of this evil world has been tainted with something I find particularly disturbing. I was attending a training session for work.... not a Christ centered employer by any means...this is my main, full-time job and not my part-time job that is Christ centered, at least in my mind. Sitting comfortably around tables of 5 or 6 employees each, I hear an exclamation of most interesting flavour. A self-pronounced witch.....a studier of wiccan....very well-versed in the occult and very comfortable sharing her faith...or lack thereof.
She seemed by some so very much more acceptable than those of us who have a Christ-centered faith. I am secure in my identity in Jesus, but I tell you the look of this woman, this bewitched, lost child was a little unsettling. Not content in her belief....there is only contentment in Christ. Not happy....joy is in the Lord Jesus. Not at peace....her countenance was disturbing. Not in a good place....in a very angry and contrary state. The reality of this experience was an eye-opener....you see, I live in a little city and forces of darkness....I see now are very much at work here....more than I have ever seen...so open and flagrant....
The heart of Jesus went out to this woman from within me. I could see her discontent....I could feel the doubt, concern, sadness in her life.... only one answer here.... His grace...may He draw this haggard and bitter woman unto Himself.
I stand with Him, He in me and I in Him on holy ground all the time because He is in me....Jesus is alive and more than willing to bring her into the Kingdom of God if only she would ask. His Word, His Power, His Life stood there before her.....she shook Him off today....but I pray for her tonight. May she renounce the evil and embrace all that God is and freely gives to those who turn from their wicked ways.
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

No comments: