Monday, February 12, 2007

I heard a great quote this morning from Greg Laurie's sermon this morning....I don't know if it was his or not...but it led me to other thoughts and so on and so on and ....yep, you get it.

" The same sun that melts the wax, hardens the clay."

His message was do we want knowledge about God for the sake of accumulating knowledge to appear __________ (fill in the blank) (this is then about me and what I am doing for God), or do we want to know God... intimately and personally, focussing on Jesus Christ, on looking into the Word and receiving revelation from the Word, (this is then about Him and what He is doing through me). Not an earth shattering message for those who know who they are in Christ, but a real tender and simple message for us to be reminded of.

Malcolm Smith spoke about becoming too book-learned, too knowledge driven, too determined to know all there is to know....that one can forget to live Life that has been given.

Another quote came to mind...I think Francis of Assisi said it...something about being the only Bible some people might read....meaning our Life that is Jesus. Brokenness continues.
As I said....and so on and so on.

Hmmmmmm
Everything is a learning experience. :) Me Bad.

No comments: