Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Little This and That

I have been reading a couple of books over the last few weeks....one recommended by two friends and I saw on the reading list of On Coffee for last year. "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne is truly killing me, daily, as I pick up and read one of the chapters that so eloquently describes Christ living His Life out in people and fulfilling the Great Commandment.....Along with this I have been going through "I'm OK - You're Not" by John Shore and laughing out loud and shaking my head with what messages we are sending to nonbelievers by the the things we do and say. Some of the ouchiest moments are comments from nonbelievers about "us, Christians". These two books connect very well together...Shore suggests that we are emphasizing fulfilling the Great Commission and not maybe really living out the Great Commandment. Claiborne seems to go out and live largely in the fulfilling and the living. It creates in me a real passion, a zeal, a desire to do the same.....and this brings in the third book that I picked up next to nothing at the store "Divine Discontent" by Michael Youssef and as God speaks through each one at different times of my day, may He direct my path. So many books ..... so little time. :)


Today's Thought

The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.

Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Truly Love The Unloveable And That Is Me.

<>< <>< <><