Thursday, March 20, 2008

Galatians 2:20 NASB


"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

Again from the great storyteller, Gene Edwards, in his interesting account of "The Day I Was Crucified" (as told by Jesus the Christ).

Chapter 33
"I lived before you ever existed," I said to Death as he squeezed me in his clutches. "Poor Death, there are things that took place before you existed of which you know nothing."

"It matters not, " Death vaunted.

"It matters all," I replied.

In that final moment I commanded those who were present from the unseen realm: "Step forth, World System. Come into my very being.

"You, World, shall die with me!

"Lucifer, principalities and powers, and all whom you head, come into me.

"Law, you have been fulfilled, now come into my bosom.

"Adam's race, all that was touched by the Fall, and creation itself, come into me and be one with me!

"Death, be my servant: Put to death all that is now one with me.

"Come, religion! That which strives to be good but is ever failing, come.

"Death, take religion, the old man, and the self nature and make them your prey.

"Die upon my Cross. Come, all of you, die in me! You have now encountered the most destructive power in creation - my Cross!

"Put me to death, I command you. Death, look at me: I am become the Fall.

"All that is created is crucified with me.

"Oh, but there is one left!

"Death, as you take the last breath from me, I have a surprise for you.

"Death, you are now mine!" I cried out triumphantly.

No comments: