Saturday, March 25, 2006

Gotta love this summation

"Every religion in the world is about man trying to reach up to God, like working your way up the ladder. They're all about striving to achieve something for yourself. Christianity is the only 'religion' about God reaching down to man and offering salvation as a free gift, with the added bonus of a personal relationship with the Creator God through Jesus Christ, who was there in the beginning." (from Leota's Garden)

My thoughts about 'religion'. Religion is one thing and faith is something different altogether. There is nothing that I am going to do that will make God love me any more than He already does. How cool is that. God is awesome and loving and despite all of me and my flounderings....He loves me the same. He remembers none of the sin in my life, problem is......the enemy xeroxes every single sin I have ever committed and shows me the copy every so often when I am weak in and of myself. All that I need to do is trust Him enough to live in Him as He lives in me, and to totally depend on Him.

No comments: