Sunday, November 26, 2006

I am Content

I know He knows me, He loves me and He will never forsake me. Whatever circumstance I am in....it cannot go awry. There can be no misintepretation.....whatever happens is because that is what is. He is in control and His glory is what it is all about. I would like to be a seer of today's events and tomorrows outcomes. But I am not. May everything I do and wherever I find myself....be for the glory of God. All of my life is spiritual (sounds a little prideful, doesn't it, yet not mis-spoken, for it is truth that He dwells in me whether or not I feel Him) ....not just Sunday morning.....and I would like to give all my Sunday mornings to Him. No more ....agenda, foreplan, program. I will sit with Jesus for as long as He asks me to. I may feel alone....at times....but I am in His Presence ....all the time. Might fellowship with Him be because of Him all the time......may my heart burn all the time because of His Spirit within me.....I will not look for Him. He is here. I will wait. He will make me content wherever I am and whatever I am doing....because I know His power is within me....and my communion is with Him.

Psalm 23 (The Message)

God, my shepherd!
I don't need a thing.
You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
You find me quiet pools to drink from.
True to Your word,
You let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.

Even when the way goes through
Death Valley,
I'm not afraid
When You walk at my side.
Your trusty shepherd's crook
Makes me feel secure.

You serve me a six-course dinner
Right in front of my enemies.
You revive my drooping head;
My cup brims with blessing.

Your beauty and love chase after me
Every day of my life.
I'm back home in the house of God
For the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Walking Church said...

most cool - 'i don't need a thing'. Creator of the universe, 'serves me a six course dinner'! 'My cup brims with blessing'! wow. you even 'chase' me...

So How cool is this God ecomony anyways?

Mikey's God Talk said...

Even if we do not feel or recognise that He is there, He is. Even in the darkest deepest cave His light penetrates. TYhe Message has such a way of speaking to me, my favorite translation.

Mikey <>< <>< <><