Thursday, November 30, 2006

Revelation

So last night was spent just listening to some great music and a little great teaching....it always is a good night when I can relax and chill after a study night and just appreciate Christ as my life and the amazing way He is weaving His Life in me and some of my old ways of thinking and through me and He shows me that He is just so good and leads me into this life of freedom as I give up this life of my control. Everything is so connected... so relational to Him and this becomes very evident when I keep my spiritual eyes and ears open to Him.
Discussion the night before was about how come this new covenant teaching on Grace and Life is not 'really' taught....you know...like in sermons etc....our holiness? our righteousness, our identity in Christ? What difficult concepts to grasp for some of us who have been raised in a more legalistic environment. And what is so cool is that our identity in Christ is only understood by the revelation of the Holy Spirit. The hidden or missed understanding of this message is shown clearly even in Scripture. "We can have everything in Christ and not know it" as Frank said just yesterday....to me anyway :). I remember going through this time of muddlement when I first came into Grace. I see this in others....I know that we can miss the message of the grace of God unless the Holy Spirit leads us into this understanding by revelation. This totally makes us free, though doesn't it.....sharing the truth with others is wonderful but without the Holy Spirit doing His work in the minds and thoughts and hearts of those others....they won't see. And when you see a glimmer of understanding....in someone who maybe didn't have it before....So cool! Like a light goes on....and you know you can give up your right to be right....and correct....and the one who is going to enlighten.....it ain't never going to happen....everyone is at a different place ..... and God knows just where that is ....and you can fellowship with others who no way maybe share the same
doctrine ..because being right is so no longer important and if we think we have arrived at a total understanding...I don't think so...because what we think...doctrinally, right now....has to be open for change...as there is always more being revealed as we are open to the Holy Spirit...and so this IS progressive....and always a process..........and we can love and reason with people...and also let things go ....if they have to be let go...if someone doesn't see or 'disagrees' or whatever...because, that is between them and God and He is the One doing the revealing....not us....we can't beat the new covenant teaching into anyone....so when someone like in a group you belong to or whatever...(Bible study group) or just a friend or an aquaintance. ... is not 'getting it', the best thing to do....is ....just love them through it...pray that the Holy Spirit would reveal Truth to them....that their spirits would hear and see.... and that might be stem from seeing Christ in you.....That is what I was impressed with last night and to see the Light start to come on in a life that so desperately needs to know that Light in a real way....that is awesome.
Thanks again to those who nudged me to this place that I am ....not staying here....but living here right now...right where I am..with Him... now....and allowing me to ask for the Holy Spirit to allow revelation to continue to come onto me in this Life that is Christ....so much farther to go.....but O Joy of Joys.....what a journey it is turning into!!

1 Corinthians 2:1-10 (NASB)

"And when I came to you, brethren, I did not come with superiority of speech or of wisdom, proclaiming to you the testimony of God.
For I determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
I was with you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling,
And my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
So that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.
Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of the age, who are passing away;
But we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory.
The wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood, for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;
But just as it is written,
Things which eye has not seen and ear has not heard,
And which have not entered the heart of man,
All that God has prepared for those who love Him."
For to us God revealed them through the Spirit, for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God."

No comments: