Sunday, April 30, 2006

Longing


My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. Isaiah 26:9

When young people in love are apart, they long to be with each other again. When a parent is separated from his or her child, the parent misses the child intensely. When a spouse can no longer be with a long time marriage partner because of disease, death, or divorce, that person's soul can ache to be reunited to the one they have loved. I wonder does my spirit ache to be with God? Do I end each day and begin the next longing to be in the Presence of God? I want to recognize my God-hunger and not only satisfy it by spending time in His Presence, but also communicating my desires, affections, and thoughts to Him during these times of longing. He knows and He replaces these aches of the soul with Himself.
Father, I do ache sometimes even in Your Presence. I know the piece of my soul that sometimes I feel is missing is only found in You. Please, dear Father, let me remember that You are very real and present in my life today and every day. You fill me and replace that ache with Yourself. Thank You for that. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine; according to his power that be at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20,21

Thoughts based on a devotion from:
www.SearchGodsWord.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We get to know Him through our brothers and sisters. They help to fill that void that we sense in our hearts...that longing for Him.

He is in you and in His people, He loves you through His Spirit and His body.

We are so deeply loved!