Monday, October 30, 2006

His Victorious Indwelling...Today

(So sweet is this ministering to me, still.)

"He is not a man like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court. If only there were someone to arbitrate between us, to lay his hand upon us both, someone to remove God's rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more."
Job 9:32-34

You cannot keep up being a Christian for a day: You cannot follow Christ for a single hour. You are not asked to. All you are asked to do is as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord so to keep on walking in Him; drawing from His fullness for all your needs, drawing upon His resources.
Your repentance is inadequate, and always will be; you cannot feel shame and sorrow for sin as you ought to do. But the Lord Jesus can, and does, on your behalf. He has condemned sin in the flesh even though it were His own flesh. He has taken sides with God against sin on your behalf; He has taken sides with you. He is the Daysman between the two (Job 9:33).
You cannot love God as you ought to do. How many honest Christian hearts there are who are constantly bemoaning their lack of love to God! Of course you do not love God as you ought to; you never will. God does not ask for any measure of love from you to obtain salvation, but He asks you to accept His love, and having accepted His love, that love of His to you will be radiated back again from you to Him. Your love is weak and poor enough, and though you loved Him enough to die a martyr's death, your love would be inadequate to the great love wherewith He has loved you.
So I pray you not to be occupied with your own state, your own condition, your own feelings, your own anything, but with Christ.
J. Russell Howden

We are as dependent upon God when we speak to one soul as when we preach to a thousand. I have learned this by experience; I have gone to see a sick person in great self-confidence and found I had nothing to say. And then the Lord taught me I must wait upon Him for the message for a single soul as much as when I was going to preach. May we ever remember this, that there may be no trace of self-confidence remaining in the heart.
Edward Dennett

2 comments:

Mikey's God Talk said...

You my friend have preached many a good 'sermon' to me. You are correct that the words come from God through His victoriuos indwelling. Keep in the pulpit my Sis in Christ.

Mikey <>< <>< <><

In Christ Alone said...

I am no preacher, my brother....just passing on some messages that have spoken to me. :)