Saturday, October 28, 2006

No More Games

I know....I just couldn't help but get into this devotional by Brennan Manning, "Reflections for Ragamuffins". "His Victorious Indwelling" is still probably the one that really does it for me, and just because there is such a wealth of thoughts of some of the greatest writers who are like-minded and weren't afraid to let people know some of the truth that was revealed to them. However, I digress....

Todays devotional by Manning:

"A fringe benefit for the believer en route to higher Christian consciousness is that ninety-nine percent of the emotional suffering caused by his addictive programming to security, sensation, and power disappears from his daily dance. He is able to drop all deceptive manipulative lower-order games - the money game, the security game, the male-female game, the power game, the knowledge game, the expert game, and so forth - and he presents himself simply to others: "Here I am." Free from any false self-image, he says, "It's all I've got."

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith unto this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1-2

I don't know about the ninety-nine percent......? Lots of lower-order games in his mind, eh? I would think there are so many more. :)

No comments: