Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More on "Ruthless Trust"


Writing on the chapter, 'The Way of Gratefulness'...Manning states...

To be grateful for an unanswered prayer, to give thanks in a state of interior desolation, to trust in the love of God in the face of the marvels, cruel circumstances, obscenities, and commonplaces of life is to whisper a doxology in darkness.

I have been told that God always answers prayers....either yes, no or wait....I do believe that ....and yet sometimes when our prayers seem unanswered....gratefulness would be a response that indicates trust....





2 comments:

Mikey's God Talk said...

Yes, God always answers, I am confident of that. I know that the answer is His will and not mine. I humbly submit and am grateful.

Mikey <>< <>< <><

Joel Brueseke said...

Amen to this! I've been praying about a LOT of things lately and this is a much needed reassurance that it's not about God responding the way I think He should; it's about trusting Him. Thankfulness does indeed indicate trust!

I love Brennan Manning. I started the Ragamuffin Gospel some time ago. I NEVER finish books, but I think I'll go pick this one up again, wherever I left off, and I've always wanted to read Ruthless Trust too so I may go get that one.