Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Hmmmmm

Okay, so today....I was taken aback...because again, it was shared with me very openly and definitely that what has been revealed to me as Truth is nothing but apostasy.
This is.... according to Dictionary.com
1. "a total desertion of or departure from one's religion, principles, party, cause, etc."
2. "Abandonment of one's religious faith, a political party, one's principles, or a cause."
3. "the state of having rejected your religious beliefs or your political party or a cause (often in favor of opposing beliefs or causes).

I am a little saddened by this, because I have had such an overwhelming sense of peace about my faith and have left a lot of the legalistic tendencies behind. Some people are threatened by this....but not only that.....they make very good arguments about the way things are (in their very educated and trained minds), and yet something does not ring true in my heart of hearts. There is freedom in the trusting of Jesus to do what He will, in and through us. The sin issue really bogs people down. We all sin. The two nature issue bogs people down. Why? Do you know Jesus? Do you trust Jesus? Is He able to reveal Himself and all that He is to you?

Leaving religion behind, doesn't sound like such a bad thing.
Leaving my faith. There is nothing further from the Truth. I have found a lasting, ever awakening faith in the One who is alive, and knows everything about me.....and loves me anyway, enough to live in me, through me, in His way, as I get out of the way.

I don't understand all there is ..... do I need to?
I am looking into this idea of "apostasy". I don't like the way that I felt as I was being "corrected". Is living the Exchanged Life, so radical? He speaks to me loudly about this. Where does the fear and judgement come from? Not from Him. I just don't get it. :(

2 comments:

oncoffee said...

It is so sad when holding to a doctrinal statement is more important than a relationship with the one the statement is supposed to be about.

Jesus came to set us free... he came announcing "good news"... keeping listening to his voice and walking in step with his spirit... there are many of us on the same path... walking together

blessings
Mike

Anonymous said...

Hi,

The mystery of Christ in us, the hope of glory (Col. 1:26-27) remains just that–-a mystery–-until Christ reveals it to us by His Spirit. All that the Lord Jesus requires of us is faith and confidence in Him. Then we get to participate in all HIS works (Eph. 2:10). HE reveals our union with Him and then we see that all our actions are HIM in action.

It is a discovery rather than an attainment which makes it particularly frustrating to us because we want to do it ourselves (and that's the primary reason why people are resistant to hearing this). But that’s precisely the point: HE must do it and that means we must trust Him. The revelation comes by Him and the revelation opens the door to the fact that He must always be the One doing it: the One who runs and maintains my life–-not me helping Him but Him living my life, our lives inseparably joined (1 Cor. 6:17).

The Lord Jesus led me through this door while reading Norman Grubb’s book, Yes, I Am. If you're interested you can read the entire book online at:

http://neverlost.org/yesiam/

God bless.