Monday, May 28, 2007

Today

From God's Devotional Book for Women

"Psychologist William Marston once asked three thousand people, "What have you to live for?" He was shocked to discover that 94 percent of the people he polled were simply enduring the present while they waited for the future. Some indicated they were waiting for "something" to happen - waiting for children to grow up and leave home, waiting for next year, waiting for another time to take a long-awaited trip, waiting for someone to die, or waiting for tomorrow. They had hope but no ongoing purpose to their lives!
Only 6 percent of the people identified relationships and activities in the present tense of their lives that they counted as valuable reasons for living!"

I can relate to this. The last few weeks with stuff and such going on and kids running here, there and everywhere....sometimes it is the waiting for another time to get on with things....you know? Sadly, I realize that I am missing today....with Him, as I do the dashing here and there....He is there with me.....this devotion is a good reminder....every day is His. Live like it is!

"Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be content {satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted} in whatever state I am."

Philippians 4:11 AMP

No comments: